1. Can the laptop be used while charging?
Lithium batteries in laptops have no memory effect, and lithium batteries produced by regular manufacturers have a fairly complete BMS (battery management system) to control overcharging and overdischarging problems.
In fact, when playing games and running large-scale programs, in order to maximize the performance of the processor, graphics card, and memory, it is actually necessary to plug in the power supply, and it will not harm the battery.
2. Can the laptop be charged all the time?
In fact, in theory, it is best not to!
When the laptop is plugged in, the battery does not supply power and is in an idle state, and if the lithium battery is not used for a long time, it will wear out and affect its life.
It is generally recommended to charge and discharge the battery at least once a month, so that the battery power is consumed to about 20%, and then fully charged, and cycle once, instead of using automatic shutdown.
However, any product is bought to use, not for.
Laptops are also consumables, and the essence of them is that they can be moved everywhere, whether they are taken to bed, to a coffee shop, to a meeting, or to a class, whatever is convenient.
3. What if the notebook keeps charging without unplugging the power supply?
Most of them are ok, because there is charging protection, similar to mobile phones.
However, in theory, the problem of "storage passivation" may still occur, that is, the charging display is full, but the voltage drops rapidly during use, and the battery capacity decreases compared with the normal state.
Therefore, it is recommended to unplug the power supply more often and use the battery to keep the lithium battery active and prolong its service life.
4. Other maintenance knowledge of laptop batteries
- Nowadays, notebooks are all lithium batteries, which can be used directly after purchase, without complete charging and discharging operations.
- It is generally recommended to put the battery directly in the computer for normal use, without removing the battery for storage.
- Try not to use up the battery completely when using it alone, and it needs to be charged when the battery is at least 15%.
- If you need to store the battery, you must ensure that there is enough power in it, and it is easy to damage the battery when it is stored with empty power.