Lithium-ion batteries are, without a doubt all-time best battery. They have made a real change in the realm of battery chemistry. With long-lasting features and powerful voltages, there are very few other technologies to compare.
Because of this, market capitalization has risen greatly, with demand rising every day. The world is finding a need for batteries today than ever. More and more portable gadgets are being manufactured that require the use of strong battery power.
Think, for instance, of electric vehicles. They would not be able to perform to and beyond expectations without great battery power. EV manufacturing has been on the rise over the last few years, paving the way for more battery technologies.
This has led to the birth of different battery manufacturers. Unfortunately, not every lithium-ion battery you find on the market is genuine. There are so many fakes, especially on the internet. You will even find a company that makes covers for fake batteries.
Because of this, one has to be very careful when purchasing these products. It is vital to consider the brand you are buying. In this article, we are going to review some of the top players running the business today.
What companies make top lithium-ion batteries?
Here are the top 10 brands you can trust.
- A123 Systems
- Automotive Energy Supply Corp
- LG Chem
- Samsung SDI
- Amperex Technology (ATL)
- BAK Group
- Blue Energy
How to make top lithium-ion batteries?
Lithium-ion batteries may come in different shapes and sizes, but they contain the same materials. For instance, what you find in 18650 batteries will be the same in other lithium-ion batteries for mobile phones and laptops.
Generally, making of these batteries includes four main processes: anode making, cathode making, packing into a pouch, and electrolyte filling. But in detail, there are a total of 11 manufacturing steps.
1. Weight anode material. Graphite is the electrochemically active material in these batteries. They store ion. It is very important to get the right amount of this material to avoid excessive carbon emission.
2. Mix the Anode. The same equipment used to mi bread and chocolate is applied here. Large volumes of anode materials, production-quality is mixed.
3. Coat the anode. Slurry, made in step one, is attached to another material with electrical conductivity. This allows lithium ions to flow. Copper is used to coating the anode for efficiency.
4. Calendaring. This is important in maximizing storage capacity
5. Store in a dry room. This is to avoid lithium ions reacting to moisture and air.
6. Die-cut the layers. Cut the ribbon of copper and its graphite coating to the shape of A7. This provides individual layers.
7. Assemble the cell. Use a separator to separate each of the anode layers and the cathode sheet.
8. Weld current collectors. Use ultrasound welding for joining the layers.
9. Package the cells. You need an air-tight pouch to house the anode layers.
10. Add the electrolyte. Use an ultra-dry vacuum to keep moisture away.
11. Formation. This is where you finish the process using a special rig to charge and discharge the battery repeatedly.
How to buy the top lithium-ion battery?
With so many manufacturers today, you should be careful about how you buy the batteries. Here are things to consider.
- The brand. We have already gone through a list of top manufacturers, so this should not be hard.
- Capacity and power. This depends on your needs. What are you going to use the battery for?
- Where to buy the battery. Many dealers have access to fakes, especially online ones. Go for a dealer directly affiliated to the manufacturer.
- Price. Put in mind how much you wish to spend.
Now that you know about the manufacturers and top qualities for Li-ion batteries buying them should not be a problem anymore. You can always research more before committing.
currently lithium ion battery mainly comes/makes from China, china should make at least 80% of the total lithium batteries.
This Chinese manufacturer does all kinds of Lithium batteries and is also doing custom builds:
BENZO Energy Technology Co.,Ltd
Their online website: www.benzoenergy.com/
They are a professional lithium battery manufacturer Chinese.
They can customize the 18650 lithium battery you need according to your requirements.