18650 lithium-ion battery is one of the most common lithium-ion batteries on the market, so what are the key points about the PACK process of 18650 lithium-ion battery?
The 18650 lithium battery pack process is mainly based on the structure of the PACK battery. Most of the 18650 lithium-ion battery pack process features are similar, with the characteristics of multiple parallel or multiple series.
The 18650 lithium battery PACK process has distinctive features. The biggest feature is the flexible combination. Most continuous orders can be completed semi-automatically. It is conceivable that the 18650 lithium battery pack process is becoming more and more streamlined. Generally, 18650 lithium batteries PACK battery pack includes: 18650 battery cell, battery protection board, connecting nickel sheet, lead-out nickel sheet, green paper accessories, insulating paper, wire or plug wire, PVC outer packaging or shell, output (including connector), key switch, The power indicator, and auxiliary materials such as EVA, barley paper, and plastic brackets together form a PACK, and most types of 18650 battery PACKs are suitable for this process.
For multiple parallel or series of 18650 li-ion battery, the key points in PACK process are :
1. Adopt the principle of priority and easy operation, that is, employees are easy to operate.
2. Adopt the principle of priority operation safety, that is, employees are not easy to short circuit or have good preventive measures during operation.
3. Adopt the principle of equipment, that is, the use of auxiliary equipment should not be manual, at least semi-automatic.
4. The packaging design should be reasonable, easy to take and put away.
18650 lithium battery pack process quality characteristics
1. Lithium batteries that have passed the quality test require a qualified and stable supplier to provide a single cell with good performance. The single cell has passed a series of safety tests and performance tests and is used after passing the test.
2. Requires low internal resistance and good consistency of the battery. Regardless of the 14.8V lithium battery pack or other energy storage battery packs, it must ensure low internal resistance to ensure high-current discharge capacity, platform, and heat dissipation.
3. The battery structure adopts a ventilation design, and the distance between the two adjacent batteries is not less than 2mm. This structure requires a plastic bracket to fix the battery.
4. The pACK battery factory uses slotted nickel sheet for spot welding. The size of the nickel sheet meets the requirements of high current discharge. The nickel sheet material guarantees low internal resistance. The spot welder guarantees stable operation. The welding pin guarantees quality. After the post operation, check whether the solder joint is firm after spot welding. In addition, vibration experiments are performed for each batch of products to verify the anti-vibration performance.
5. Different batches of batteries are made into typical finished products and tested for life. When the lithium battery pACK design specification is summarized, the battery finished products are subjected to a cycle test to obtain the actual cycle life.
6. Verify the high and low temperature performance of the battery. The cells of different pACK lithium battery manufacturers are made into finished products and subjected to different rate discharge tests at high and low temperatures to obtain the actual discharge curve.
The above are the main pACK process points about 18650 lithium batteries.