Lithium battery maintenance methods, how to maintain lithium batteries in winter? Lithium batteries are easy to enter the market due to their advantages of compactness, lightness and environmental protection. The heavy, short life and heavy pollution lead-acid batteries can no longer meet our needs. The lithium battery has been cured, and it can be used for 5-7 years. Good maintenance habits can greatly help extend the life of your lithium battery. What are the precautions for lithium battery maintenance? How to maintain the lithium battery in winter? Lithium battery manufacturers will answer your questions below.
Lipo battery maintenance method
The most critical storage conditions for lithium batteries are temperature and humidity. Generally, room temperature has little effect on the state of lithium batteries, but there must be no direct sunlight. High temperatures can easily cause lithium batteries to swell or explode, so lithium batteries are generally stored in a dark place. Airtight iron box or plastic box.
1. Do not immerse the battery in water or make the battery wet; do not stack the battery more than 7 layers or invert the battery; do not transport the battery when the ambient temperature is higher than 65 ° C.
2. The lithium battery is partially discharged instead of completely discharged, and it is necessary to avoid frequent complete discharge as much as possible.
3. The best charging environment for lithium batteries is at 20 ~ 26 ℃. Try to avoid high temperature outdoor charging at noon in summer and outdoor charging at night in winter. If the temperature is too high, it is easy to overcharge, and if the temperature is too low, it is easy to undervoltage, which will have a bad impact on the performance of the lithium battery.
4, lithium battery has no memory effect, shallow charge shallow discharge, charge as you use. If you wait until it is completely discharged before charging, it will shorten the life of the lithium battery. Keeping the battery in a shallow cycling state is conducive to extending battery life.
5. When not in use for a long time, the lithium battery should be taken out and placed in a cool and dry place. Do not freeze, to avoid water vapor erosion. Avoid using in hot cars. If stored for a long time, charge the battery to 40% and leave it.
How to maintain the lithium battery in winter?
The effect of temperature on lithium batteries is still very large. The lower the temperature, the lower the activity of the lithium battery, directly leading to a significant reduction in charge and discharge efficiency. Generally speaking, the operating temperature of lithium batteries is between -20 degrees and 60 degrees.
1. Charge indoors and avoid low temperatures. When the temperature is too low, the charging is easy to undervoltage, which will have a bad impact on the performance of the lithium battery.
2. Charge as you go. Lithium battery activity decreases in winter, it is very easy to cause over-discharge and over-charge. Therefore, in the winter, we should pay more attention to charging and discharge by shallow.
3. The battery should be used after being fully charged in winter to extend battery life. if only one time or two the battery is not fully charged, it has little effect on the battery. but if it is often used without being fully charged, the battery will have a "memory" that affects the battery life.
4. Please use the original charger when charging. There are a lot of inferior chargers on the market. Using inferior chargers will damage the lithium battery pack and even cause a fire. If your charger cannot be used normally, it is recommended to contact the official to purchase a regular charger to ensure the charging quality.
All in all, avoid low temperatures during the use of lithium batteries, and often charge lithium batteries. Keep lithium batteries in a cool place instead of freezing. Avoid placing in a hot car. If stored for a long time, charge the battery to 40% and place it.