The polymer lithium battery is a chemical battery with high energy, miniaturization and weight reduction. Lithium battery charging methods are a topic that many people are paying attention to because lithium battery charging methods are different for different lithium batteries.
How polymer lithium batteries work
Lithium-ion batteries are classified into liquid lithium ion batteries and polymer lithium ion batteries or plastic lithium ion batteries according to the electrolyte materials used in lithium ion batteries. The positive and negative materials used in the polymer lithium ion battery are the same as the liquid lithium ions. The positive electrode material is divided into lithium cobaltate, lithium manganate, ternary material and lithium iron phosphate material, and the negative electrode is graphite. The working principle of the battery is also basically Consistent.
The polymer lithium battery uses a ruthenium alloy as a positive electrode, and uses a polymer conductive material, polyacetylene, polyaniline or polyparaphenylene as a negative electrode, and an organic solvent as an electrolyte. The specific energy of lithium polyaniline battery can reach 350W.h/kg, but the specific power is only 50-60W/kg, the use temperature is -40-70 degrees, and the service life is about 330 times.
The lithium polymer battery electrolyte is a flexible solid polymer, and the metal ruthenium foil is sealed in the battery, and can still operate normally at a high temperature of 180 °C.
Since the polymer replaces the liquid electrolyte with a solid electrolyte, the polymer lithium ion battery has the advantages of being thinner, arbitrarily aread, and arbitrarily shaped compared with the liquid lithium ion battery, so that the battery can be made of the aluminum-plastic composite film. Therefore, the specific capacity of the entire battery can be improved; the polymer lithium ion battery can also use a polymer as a positive electrode material, and its mass specific energy will be increased by more than 20% compared with the current liquid lithium ion battery. The polymer lithium battery is characterized by being compact, thin, and lightweight. Therefore, the market share of polymer batteries will gradually increase.
Polymer lithium battery charging method
Polymer lithium batteries generally refer to polymer lithium ion batteries, which are developed on the basis of liquid lithium ion batteries. Many electronic digital products now use polymer lithium batteries. The charge and discharge of a polymer lithium battery and a liquid lithium battery are actually the same. There are two main methods: constant voltage charging and constant current charging.
In constant current charging, the capacity of the battery increases with time, the internal resistance of the battery also increases, and the charging becomes slow. At this time, we should not think that charging will be completed, but also after a period of slow charging. The manufacturer of a typical polymer lithium-ion battery is charged with a constant current when charging the battery, and is charged with a constant voltage current. Current, voltage, and cell phone power all change over time, which ensures that the phone's battery can be fully charged.
Correct charging method for polymer lithium battery
1. When charging the polymer lithium battery, the charger is best to choose the original special charger, otherwise it will affect or damage the polymer lithium battery.
2. Polymer lithium battery charging is best to use slow charging method, try to avoid fast charging, repeated charging and discharging will also affect the life of polymer lithium battery.
3. If the mobile phone is not used for more than 7 days, the polymer lithium battery should be fully used before use. The polymer lithium battery has self-discharge phenomenon.
4. The charging time of the polymer lithium battery is not as long as possible. For the ordinary charger, the charging should be stopped immediately after the polymer lithium battery is full, otherwise the polymer lithium battery will affect the battery performance due to heat or overheating.
5. After charging the polymer lithium battery, try to avoid placing it on the charger for more than 10 hours. If it is not used for a long time, the cell phone and the polymer lithium battery should be separated.