18650 is the originator of lithium-ion batteries a standard lithium-ion battery model set by Japan's Sony Corporation in order to save costs, where 18 represents a diameter of 18mm, 65 represents a length of 65mm, and 0 represents a cylindrical battery.
Working voltage of 18650 lithium-ion battery
It is generally considered that the no-load voltage of a lithium battery is lower than 3.0V, which means that the battery is used up. Most lithium batteries cannot discharge the no-load voltage below 3.2V, otherwise over-discharge will damage the battery.
4.2V is the highest limit voltage for battery charging. It is generally considered that charging the lithium battery to 4.2V means that the battery is fully charged. During the battery charging process, the battery voltage gradually rises from 3.7V to 4.2V. Charge the no-load voltage to more than 4.2V, otherwise the battery will be damaged. This is the special place of lithium batteries. Generally speaking, 18650 lithium-ion batteries have the following advantages.
1. Wide range of use. Electronic equipment such as notebook computers, walkie-talkies, portable DVDs, instruments, audio equipment, aeromodelling, toys, video cameras, digital cameras, etc.
2. Small internal resistance. The internal resistance of polymer batteries is smaller than that of ordinary liquid batteries. The internal resistance of domestic polymer batteries can even be less than 35mΩ, which greatly reduces the self-power consumption of the battery and extends the standby time of the mobile phone. International level. This kind of polymer lithium battery that supports large discharge current is an ideal choice for remote control model, and it has become the most promising product to replace nickel-metal hydride battery.
3. Large capacity, can be connected in series or parallel. The capacity of 18650 lithium battery is generally between 1200maAh ~ 3600mAh. If 18650 lithium batteries are combined to form an 18650 lithium battery pack, then the 18650 lithium battery pack can easily break through 5000mAh.
4. Long life. The 18650 lithium battery has a long service life, and the cycle life can reach more than 500 times in normal use, which is more than twice that of ordinary batteries.
5. No memory effect. It is not necessary to empty the remaining power before charging, which is convenient to use.
18650 lithium battery operating temperature range
Discharge temperature range: 0℃ - 60℃, charging temperature: 0℃ - 45℃, working temperature:-20℃ - 50℃, the optimal working temperature is 20℃ - 40℃, 60 °C is the temperature to ensure battery life, high temperature will sacrifice life It will be dangerous if it is higher than 100 degrees Celsius. Generally, it will burn or explode at 140 degrees Celsius.
With the continuous development of the lithium battery industry, currently in the market, lithium batteries are popularized with many advantages. We can use it correctly in daily use and avoid short circuit, damage or high temperature of the battery, so we don't have to worry about the battery exploding.